For most people a rock and roller smokey eye is best suited for after dark. However, I am just the opposite, I am hysterical and I prefer smokey 24/7. In fact, it is much more difficult for me to attempt the “natural” makeup look, as apposed to a heavier, more MAC inspired look, if not otherwise a classic red lip.
I am a firm believer that a smokey eye is a skill that every girl should have in their back pocket. Many girls think that they have it down, but there’s a fine line between looking like a badass bitch or a raccoon. The good news is, practice always makes perfect, if you haven’t already perfected the panda look. 💋
Here are my daily gothic steps:
- Begin by priming your face, including your eyes. Do not put your foundation/concealer/powder on prior to your eye makeup for this look.
- Utilize eyeshadow primer or an under eye concealer all over the top of your eye lid, leading up to your brow bone. This will act as a base coat for your smokey eyeshadow and will prevent the residue dust falling on your face throughout the day and ruining your beautiful makeup.
- Use a matte white or vanilla based eyeshadow as the primary base on your lid. Brushing once again from the top of your eyelid to the bottom, utilize a liberal amount on the lower lids as it will allow for the black to be even more noir.
- Using Maybelline Eyestudio ColorTattoo on the lower part of your lids, color from the crease line, to the lash line.
- Utilizing a blending brush, sweep Maybelline’s, The Rock Nudes Palette over the space with the ColorTattoo. Pressing and setting the eyeshadow will give you an extra dark and dramatic smokey look.
- Sweep your under eyes with the Maybelline’s, The Rock Nudes Palette smokey eyeshadow and then the crease of your eyelid with the bronze color, to contour eyes your eyes for depth a mysterious affect.
- Curl and coat lashes to liking and boom!
You’re ready for your first rock solo.
Peace and love,